Process: Adding Article to the New CMS
1. Go to http://livability.com/user
2. Enter username and password and click “Log in”
3. Go to: https://livability.com/admin/content
Your screen should look like this:
CLICK ON ADD CONTENT
4. Enter your Title (Web Headline)
5. Enter your Print Headline if applicable
6. Make sure your name is selected under Author
7. Enter a Deck (this will show up on the website)
8. Enter a Short Description
9. Enter your Body Copy:
- Make sure Basic HTML is selected in the Text format box (at the bottom of the copy box), and paste your copy.
- One by one, highlight each subhead and select “Heading 2” in the graphical editor at the top of the box (it will say “Normal” at first).
- Add links – you'll highlight the word(s) you want to link to and select the link (when you hover over it, the word “link” will come up) in the graphical editor, then paste the URL. Open in a new window for offsite links by clicking the advanced tab:
10. Enter the Place name (City or State) – options will autofill, so make sure you select the right one)
11. Choose a Category
SCROLL BACK UP TO THE TOP – NOW WORK THROUGH THE RIGHT-HAND COLUMN
12. Fill out Internal Category with Draft-Initials
13. List any sources you used with phone numbers and/or email addresses
14. If you want to pull out interesting facts or info, you can enter them in the Highlights section (this is optional). After adding one highlight, click the “Add another item” button to create more highlights.
15. If you have a great quote in your story, you can enter it in the Quote box under Pull Quote. Also be sure to enter the Person and Title.
VERY IMPORTANT: Scroll back to the bottom and click SAVE
*After saving, it will look like your article has published – but it has not. To get back into it, click Edit.